forgive me because i don’t have the class privilege to just go skipping out on my classes to be in solidarity with occupy wallstreet
i pity your inability to realize how inaccessible this movement is to people who can’t afford to walk away from their lives for the sake of solidarity
but sadly, there are tens of thousands of tragedy cases just like yourself who think you are making a difference
by not bathing, by having “punk” clothing, by listening to certain types of music and DIYing it up out the ying yang, but not actually critically engaging with ideas and how they affect somebody other than you
by doing things to “fuck the system”, getting away with it scott free simply because you are white and youthful and white youths “make mistakes” which can be overlooked later on in life. and when you decide that play acting at poverty and a loss of privilege is too difficult for you, you can just go back to your previous life before revolution swept you up by the heels.
quite honestly, i’m fed up with people like you.
i’m an upper middle class african american woman
i didn’t get into college with a full ride and a free toaster
i’m not going to miss class to stand in solitary with a movement and its people who refuse to understand that its not accessible to everyone who wants to participate, and the means of implementing accessiblity are usually hastily implemented to quelch criticism, and are a lot of times half assed.
and when i have a strong opinion on how its ridiculous as fuck to walk out on your 50,000 per year, private liberal arts education to stand in solidarity with Occupy Wallstreet, don’t cop a fucking attitude with me as if i don’t know what i’m talking about and i don’t understand the reasoning behind it.
i do understand the reasoning of meaningful solidarity, and sadly missing class doesn’t cut the mustard for me. it doesn’t fit my definition of meaningful solidarity.
sweetheart, i’ve seen people like you, you’re a dime a dozen and you don’t wind up changing the world in droves. instead you serve as a constant reminder as to how flawed current revolutionary movements are today, and how people need to check themselves before they get wrecked by reality.
so until you’re willing to get some critical analysis under your three row stud belt
and kiss my grits!
I wonder if this crusty girl is friends with this guy.
Bolding mine. I wish I could just bold the entire fucking thing but this. THIS THIS THIS!
- 4dbutterfly reblogged this from karnythia
- mayan-buddhist-confusion likes this
- boxphones likes this
- joannaisascreaminglatke likes this
- dramaticfuckery likes this
- sznnh likes this
- blackcatsmeow reblogged this from navigatethestream and added:
- rachel-shebitch likes this
- fletchawouldaletcha likes this
- bethasaurus reblogged this from soliloquize and added:
- oftangents likes this
- soliloquize reblogged this from karnythia
- beyonceknowlescarter likes this
- sleepywanderlust likes this
- jerryisthinking likes this
- superqueerwonder likes this
- thempress likes this
- darkcloudtherainbowwarrior said: please tell me you said this to her?
- zladkohasaboaraffe likes this
- fingeringtrinkets reblogged this from karnythia and added:
- nema-tode likes this
- annlarimer likes this
- berryexplosions likes this
- deliciouskaek likes this
- untoldhistory reblogged this from karnythia and added:
- nom-chompsky likes this
- karnythia reblogged this from polerin
- eshusplayground likes this
- dardrian likes this
- niaface reblogged this from navigatethestream
- darkdankstankmoss likes this
- imathers likes this
- praisethelorde likes this
- thisisqpocprivilege likes this
- cocothinkshefancy said: femgressives. they make me want to hulk smash
- cocothinkshefancy likes this
- likeghosts likes this
- kissriot likes this
- abluesforbrklyn reblogged this from tranqualizer
- tranqualizer reblogged this from navigatethestream and added:
- mxtori likes this
- navigatethestream posted this